Friday, March 1, 2013

10 Day Vipassana Meditation Retreat - My Experience



It’s been 12 days since I returned from the Vipassana Meditation retreat and, although I’ve been meaning to write about my experience, I postponed it so feelings would settle down a bit. I do not even know where to start and what to write down. What I keep telling the people that ask me how it was is this simple sentence: “It was a life changing, intense experience; I wish all the people could do a 10-day discourse of Vipassana.” There were bright moments and hard moments, moments of total calmness and tranquility and moments of stress and doubts, moments of mental clarity and moments of constant mind wandering. But all in all, it was hard work, really hard work, that made me explore myself and realize things about me that were hidden within and which I had to confront and let go. When the discourse was over I felt 100 kilograms lighter. Happier, more balanced and calmer than ever before. Almost two weeks later I still feel this way. And I'm going back for a 3-day discourse next month.




In the following day I will start writing about my experience little by little, and will include the links of the posts here like an index. I will be honored if someone reads these posts and share their own experiences, however I want to point out that, as this blog is my journal, whatever I write here is what I experienced, thought and felt before, during and after this retreat. In no circumstances these posts act like a “guide” about the discourse as every participant has completely different experiences than the others. Also, I would really appreciate kind and respectful conversation but I will not tolerate attacks or hurtful comments which will be deleted without warning. I wish this blog to be a friendly and constructive place. Thank you.


You might need:




My first experience with Vipassana:

How I Got There – The Trip
Days 1-3
Days 4-6
Days 7-10
On The Way Back


 

5 comments:

  1. Hi :o)
    I'd love to read about your experience. I'm considering doing the ten days in the near future. But I can't get the links to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge thanks for sharing this knowledgeable post. We also believe in meditation, we also provide yoga meditation Retreats in rishikesh. This post is very knowledgeable for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga has become an important part of our day-to-day lives. There are many phases that a yoga practitioner has to pass before earning the certification. Prior to the handed over of the certificate to the practitioner, he/she is adjudged on varied parameters. There are many yoga learners who wish to attain certification but the complexity in the exercises makes them revisit their thought and determination.
    Yoga Teacher Training India

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your opinion, please leave a comment!