Wednesday, December 12, 2012

30-hour Yoga Asana Immersion.


Photo from here.
Lately I have taken some private lessons with my teacher as I am really concerned on learning more about yoga philosophy and history while deepening my asana knowledge: what is the correct alignment for each asana, which muscles are active during each posture, what are the benefits if done correctly, what are the risks if done incorrectly, what modifications can be applied for different needs etc. Although I am not new in yoga and most of the primary series asanas are more than familiar to me, I didn't have a teacher that could provide this kind of  information to me in the past. My teacher not only helped me with all the above but also gave me directions on further book reading and even gave me some of his own material that he used in previous workshops.  



Which brings us to yesterday. Every year the studio gives the 200hrs Yoga Alliance teacher training program. In addition to that they provide a 30 hour Yoga Asana Immersion which, I will be attending after my teacher's suggestion, yay! The immersion will last 3 weekends, split to 5 hours  per day, and will start the 2nd week of January. During the 30 hours Surya Namaskara A & B and 120 asanas are practice and explained in depth. I got a preview of the book I will be receiving: it is so thorough and full of information as well as easy to comprehend and use. Yay again!
Honestly I can't wait! And I begin to think that 2013 will be a very good year, it will start with the immersion followed by the 10 day Vipassana Meditation Retreat! What more could I ask?

If anyone in Athens Greece is interested in the Yoga Immersion feel free to contact me.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm so envious, I wish I could have the opportunity. I'm planning to do my 200hr training in 2015. Looking forward to your review of the immersion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Might I ask why in 2015? Is it symbolic? (just out of curiosity mainly, 15 is my favorite number and I have already some plans for 2015, including a trip to Mysore India).

      Delete
    2. The only intensive training that fits in with my work schedule happens in the January school holidays (I'm a teacher)... I'm travelling this coming January, and my best friend's wedding is in 2014! So, 2015 it is! I'm locking it into my head now so I don't double book that time. That's fantastic about India, have you been? I've always wanted to go and stay in an ashram for a bit.

      Delete
    3. At least you are lucky to know when you get to have holidays, now I'm jealous! I am at the private sector so I usually can't plan ahead, my leave is never a certainty, not until 1-2 weeks before I actually leave. Yeah, tell me about double booking, I do it all the time! :)
      I have never been in India. Actually the only long trip I had (meaning out of Europe) was in China. But I really want to go to India and study yoga there!
      Where do you plan to have your teacher training? Will you do it locally?

      Delete
  2. Dedication and hard work. I wish you all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zee! And thanks a lot for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete

I'd love to know your opinion, please leave a comment!