Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yesterday's Dream Is Today's Reality.

Share This Post
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Google+ Share to Stumble Upon More...

Hand to Toe Pose
Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
I have only been practicing Ashtanga Yoga for a tiny amount of time but there is no doubt it feels that this is what I should be doing. Yesterday I had a wonderful led class in the evening. It was the first time I was so concentrated in my practice, no wandering mind, no random thoughts, no distractions. Just me on my mat, breathing Ujjayi breath, feeding the fire inside, trying to keep my internal body locks (Bandhas) and practicing the sequence of asanas. It was the first time I got so further into most of the asanas and the time completely flew by.



What also felt great was that my teacher helped me turning my to the side at Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana. I have no problem holding my leg straight to the front but I do have trouble when I have to turn either right or left. But yesterday I did it with a little help from my teacher. Each and every time my teacher adjusts me or helps me with an asana I get a lesson. I learn that little by little my body goes further and whatever seemed yesterday’s dream is today’s reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your opinion, please leave a comment!